THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

Hi friends, the "Virtual Shadows" blog has during the first weekend of February 2009 been migrated to a new site. The new url is: http://www.virtualshadows.com.

The new RSS feed is: http://virtualshadows.wordpress.com/feed/.

The new blog space provides a better toolset to be able to share content with you. It also provides improved privacy controls.

See you in my new virtual home!

Saturday, 15 December 2007

Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)

Just as today in my work I carry out Business Impact Analysis, Risk Analysis and Compliance Assessments, now has come out something called a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA). This comes as no surprise to a lot of us working in this area. I am pretty pleased that this has been developed. Although clearly there is bound to be still some work/tweaking to do, I do think it's a pretty good start. Link to press release follows:

"UK's first privacy impact assessment handbook has been launched to help organisations address the risks to personal privacy before implementing new initiatives and technologies"

No comments: